Position: Senior Polymer/Formulations Research Associate/Scientist
Location: Monroe, CT
Access your comprehensive knowledge base to design molecular architecture and structure to target processing and properties for a broad range of polymers. Keep abreast of potential new technologies to enable the design of new materials and capabilities. Leverage existing technologies to advance our core businesses while supporting the development of new products and platforms. Bring your track record, expertise and hands-on mindset in collaborating across the organization to proactively grow products from concept to commercialization.
- Leading projects which includes raw material selection, design of experiments, evaluation and validation, scale-up and production process improvement, and troubleshooting, while being attentiveto international and local regulatory requirements.
- Interfacing with the Technical Sales staff to help in resolving customer needs. (i.e. strong verbal and written communication skills for authoring documentation and presentations)
- Managing product life cycle.
Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry, Material Science or related field preferred. Candidates with other degrees with exceptional industrial accomplishments and experience will also be considered.
- Background in formulation of additives and/or coatings for the plastics composite industry.
- Extensive involvement with industrial evaluation and usage of thermoplastics and thermosets.
- Hands-on skillset at the bench using instrumentation while formulating for specific surface properties, cross linking, miscibility, semi-permanent coatings, aqueous and emulsion systems.
- Practical polymer processing experience desirable: brabender, rheometers, compounding, molding.
- Strong Asset: strong composites work experience either from a lab setting or from a manufacturing setting to help us interface between R&D to best design experiments to achieve a middle ground / trade-off between limitations in the lab and the reality of our customer’s capabilities in production.
- Develop mutually beneficial, respectful, and effective relationships with peers to ensure seamless coordination between departments, maximize synergy, and maintain a shared vision, strategy, and focus.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of current product and market trends to support product line growth and innovation.
Competitive compensation and benefits package available commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and potential contribution. US Citizen otherwise Green Card preferred. No Relocation Reimbursement. Please submit resume to Dr. Howard Schild, Technical Director email@example.com
AXEL is a privately held company soon to celebrate its 80th year in its third generation of family ownership and operation. The business is registered to the ISO 9001:2015 Quality System. The company and its products are fully compliant with REACH and major worldwide regulatory requirements. We are now in our fourth year at our new 40,000-square-foot facility in Monroe, CT. AXEL serves the global market through direct sales and a network of stocking distributors and technically trained representatives.