Senior Scientist, NMR Spectroscopist, 4784883
The Discovery Sciences line in Pfizer Groton is seeking applicants for an experienced Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopist/Structure Elucidation Scientist. Discovery Sciences supports all areas of small molecule drug development in Oncology, Inflammation &Immunology, Internal Medicine, and Rare Diseases. This position is in the department of Structural and Molecular Sciences (SMS), a multidisciplinary department within Discovery Sciences. The successful candidate will apply cutting edge NMR and biophysics technologies that will advance our portfolio and support chemistry synthesis and design in Research Unit projects. Our NMR Spectroscopists work with synthetic and design chemistry colleagues as well as other technology and project groups throughout Pfizer. In addition to extensive research NMR capabilities, this group also supports an open access NMR facility. The Discovery NMR lab is equipped with ten NMR spectrometers (400-600 MHz) using a variety of helium and nitrogen cryoprobe technology and reaction monitoring capabilities using flow NMR and conventional probes.
NMR Spectroscopists are expected to maintain the small molecule NMR fleet of instruments, keep abreast of current NMR technology advances and guide instrument purchases. As an NMR Research Scientist, you will: 1) Characterize and elucidate the structure of small molecules, nucleic acids, macrocycles and peptides of pharmaceutical interest using multidimensional solution-phase NMR; 2) Investigate and implement novel experiments and technologies – to improve the efficiency of NMR data acquisition/processing and/or perform conformational analysis of small molecules to support drug design; 3) Present data to research colleagues; 4) Keep an accurate and compliant electronic research notebook; 5) and Interact with a diverse group of world-class scientists while focusing on making impactful contributions to pipeline projects.
- The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. degree in chemistry or a M.S. degree with 4+ years of NMR experience and a strong background in small molecule NMR. The position will be heavily focused on all aspects of the NMR structure elucidation of small organic molecules.
- Research experience in structure elucidation with a proven track record of accomplishments in the area of small molecule organic structure elucidation or natural products.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NMR instrumentation (both hardware and software) and the ability to maintain a wide variety of instrumentation and automation (Bruker, JEOL, and Varian) is expected as well as a good working knowledge of either ACD or Mestre software.
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to carry out independent research are required.
- Strong interest and motivation to learn new technologies and concepts is expected.
- Experience with mass spectrometry, molecular modeling, and a thorough knowledge of organic chemistry are beneficial.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Interested candidates please apply at: https://pfizer.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PfizerCareers/job/United-States—Connecticut—Groton/Senior-Scientist–NMR-Spectroscopist_4784883-1