Pfizer is seeking applications for a Senior Scientist with extensive mass spectrometry-based proteomics experience. Such a candidate will be a highly motivated and creative scientist with the desire to lead and implement innovative proteomic capabilities across our east coast portfolio pipeline (includes Inflammation and Immunology, Rare Disease and Internal Medicine). This person will work in the Chemical Biology group enabling impact across the small molecule east coast portfolio from early exploratory target identification through the drug discovery pipeline and into early clinical development.
As a Senior Scientist in the Chemical Biology group your work will drive a deeper understanding of the mechanism of action of our molecules and cellular targets. Relevant methodologies include, but are not limited to identification of novel targets, small molecule target deconvolution, small molecule target occupancy studies using chemical probes, protein turnover studies and small molecule–protein interactome analyses.
• Develop innovative chemical biology tools, with an emphasis on quantitative protein mass spectrometry technologies, across multiple disease areas to advance portfolio projects.
• Enable new small molecule projects in the portfolio, through collaborations with disease area biologists and chemists.
• Present and report data with follow up discussions for project teams including data impact and interpretation.
• Enhance the external reputation of Pfizer’s Chemical Biology capabilities through publications and presentations at leading conferences
• Drive innovation in all aspects of laboratory operations including sample preparation, running samples on the spectrometers, data analysis and interpretation.
• Work with local leadership to put in place an active program of self-development in chemical biology skills
• Doctorate level degree in proteomics/biochemistry/cell biology or related field with post- doctoral experience in chemical biology/chemo-proteomics.
• Applied mass spectrometry-based proteomics required.
• Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of different types of mass spectrometers including Q Exactive Hybrid Quadrupole and Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid
• Experience with quantitative proteomics data analysis, including Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, or equivalent analysis platforms is required. Some programming expertise is a plus.
• A strong desire to increase knowledge of the key proteomics and multi-omics methodologies and tools emerging in pharmaceutical drug discovery
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Examples of peer-reviewed publications from scientific work to date
• Experience of working in teams of scientists to deliver objectives
• Proficiency in protein biochemistry techniques (examples may include subcellular fractionation, western blot, in-gel fluorescence) is preferred.
• Expertise in biorthogonal chemistry, site-selective protein modification, photo affinity cross-linking, activity based protein profiling (ABPP) is a plus.
• Industry experience is preferred.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Interested candidates please apply at: https://pfizer.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PfizerCareers/job/United-States—Massachusetts—Cambridge/Senior-Scientist–Chemical-Biology_4787469-1