Sr Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Pfizer Boulder Research and Development is looking to expand its research
organization that is focused on the discovery and development of targeted small molecule drugs to treat patients afflicted with cancer. We are seeking results-driven chemists to join our medicinal chemistry department to deliver Pfizer’s drugs of the future. The medicinal chemistry department at Pfizer Boulder Research and Development collaborates extensively with the other research departments in Boulder to quickly discover and develop best-in-class medicines.
As a Senior Principle Scientist, you will play a vital role as a key contributor of the medicinal chemistry team. You will be expected to use your expertise and creativity to influence the project in ways that enables candidate selection. Your specific contributions to projects will be driven through utilization of PBRD’s lead from the bench culture. Here you will design, synthetically create and refine your target compounds to deliver a clinical candidate.
Based in Colorado, with more than 300 days a year of sunshine, Boulder is a paradise in the West! Visit https://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/ to discover what we love about Boulder. Many colleagues live just outside of Boulder and have commutes of only 15 to 30 minutes.
- Drive the medicinal chemistry project by designing new targets and synthetically executing designed routes in the lab.
- Influence the medicinal chemistry project(s) through troubleshooting and advocating novel approaches and methods.
- Evaluate complex data sets to develop strategies aimed at drug optimization
- Collaborate across functional areas with other departments to ensure timelines are met
- Present results and conclusions in a clear and concise manner to project management
- Mentor/lead/manage other chemistry team members
- Keep current with the chemistry literature as well as key biology publications related to
- ongoing projects
- Publish and present internally and externally to Pfizer
- Doctorate level degree in relevant area of science.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to scientifically challenge others in a constructive manner and demonstrates
- exceptional team working skills
- Track record of delivering high impact contributions to medicinal chemistry projects
- Expert working knowledge of organic chemistry
- Previous experience in mentoring and development of scientists
- Ability to perform data analysis
- Ability to safely work in a chemistry lab (standing, lifting, walking, bending)
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY AT: