Senior Scientist – Biological Mass Spectrometry & Structural Proteomics
Pfizer Worldwide Research and Development has an open position for a talented scientist within the Structural and Molecular Sciences (SMS) Group. The ideal candidate will leverage mass spectrometry and structural proteomics techniques to tackle challenging targets in drug discovery as part of a multidisciplinary team. The candidate will join a state-of-the-art structural biology department at the Groton (CT) campus where he/she will work on programs across Pfizer’s therapeutic areas.
Using mass spectrometry and related approaches, aid in characterization of proteins and protein complexes in order to study ligand binding, mechanism of action, and enable down-stream structural biology support (including x-ray crystallography and Cryo EM).
As a member of drug discovery teams, effectively communicate research to scientists outside of the candidate’s field and support pharmaceutical research activities with structural biologists, assay development biologists, chemical biology and chemistry colleagues.
The selected candidate will, under general supervision, both independently and in collaboration with others, develop and apply structural proteomics techniques to advance pharmaceutical R&D programs, assist in designing experiments, collect and authenticate data and work independently in the laboratory environment. Run daily operations in a mass spec lab. Maintain fleet of mass spec equipment.
· Ph.D. in Chemistry, Structural Biology, or a related field (or equivalent relevant experience).
· Expertise in Structural Proteomics techniques (e.g. HDX, HRF, XL).
· Experience with Thermo and Agilent LCMS instruments is a plus.
· Strong publication record in relevant field or equivalent achievements is desired.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to carry out research in both independent and team-based settings.
Other Job Details:
· Eligible for Relocation Package
· Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Interested Candidates please apply at: https://pfizer.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PfizerCareers/job/United-States—Connecticut—Groton/Senior-Scientist—Biological-Mass-Spectrometry—Structural-Proteomics_4791789-1